Research associate at the University of Sheffield
Office: K16, Hicks Building
Address: The Hicks Building, Hounsfield Road, Sheffield, S3 7RH
Sheffield Algebraic Geometry group
I am currently a postdoc at the University of Sheffield, UK, with Tom Bridgeland. I completed my PhD studies at the University of Pavia, Italy, under the supervision of Jacopo Stoppa.
Differential and algebraic geometry.
Geometric structures arising from enumerative theories and wall-crossing phenomena. Bridgeland stability conditions, Frobenius like structures and connections with integrable systems, representation of quivers, mathematical physics.
MAS439 Commutative Algebra and Algebraic Geometry (Semester 2, 2018/19 -- School of Mathematics and Statistic, Sheffield)
Publications and Preprints
- A quantized Riemann-Hilbert problem in Donaldson-Thomas theory, A.Barbieri, T.Bridgeland, J.Stoppa, arXiv 1905.00748
- A Riemann-Hilbert problem for uncoupled BPS structures, arXiv 1802.07655
Accepted to Manuscripta Mathematica (2019)
- A construction of Frobenius manifolds from stability conditions, A.Barbieri, J.Stoppa, T.Sutherland , arXiv 1612.06295
Accepted to Proceedings of the London Mathematical Society (2018)
- Frobenius type and CV-structures for Donaldson-Thomas theory and a convergence property, A.Barbieri, J.Stoppa, arXiv 1512.01176
Accepted to Communications in Analysis and Geometry (2017)
Phd Thesis: "Frobenius type structures and manifolds from stability conditions on quiver categories"
Talks and Conferences
- Loughbourough, Workshop in Geometry and Mathematical Physics (30/03/2019), A Riemann-Hilbert problem for uncoupled BPS structures
- Lisbon, Seminario do Grupo do Fisica Matematica (07/01/2019), Introduction to Wall-Crossing for Bridgeland stability conditions
- Workshop Stability conditions and representation theory of finite-dimensional algebras, Casa Matematica, Oaxaca - Mexico (29/10-2/11/2018), A Riemann-Hilbert problem from stability conditions
- EDGE Seminars at Edinburgh (24/05/2018), A Riemann-Hilbert problem for uncoupled BPS structures
- Trieste, SISSA (05/04/2018), Birmingham (14/11/2018), A Riemann-Hilbert problem for BPS structures
- Leicester, East Midlands Seminar in Geometry (14/12/2017), Geometric structures on some spaces of stability conditions
- Bonn, Workshop A-infinity structures and representation theory (4-8/12/2017), A construction of Frobenius manifold from stability conditions on Rep(Q)
- Sheffield, Pure Maths Colloquium (29/11/2017), Introduction to Frobenius manifolds
- Contributed talk at SISSA, Summer school in enumerative geometry (3-7/07/2017), A convergence property for a deformation of Joyce generating functions
- Cardiff, 2CinC, Cow and Calf Conference in Cardiff (23-24/02/2017), A Frobenius type structure from stability data
- University of Milano Statale, Seminario di Natale (19-20/12/2016), A construction of Frobenius manifold from stability conditions
In February 2018, with Barbara Bolognese, Joe Karmazyn and Evgeny Shinder, we organized a two-days GLEN meeting at Sheffield.
I will speak at
- MSRI Berkeley, 15-16/08/2019, Connection for women (Holomorphic differentials in Mathematics and Physics)
- Hamburg, 25-28/11/2019, Workshop on BPS-states, topological recursion,
exact WKB and abelianisation
and I will participate to
- Cambridge, 15-18/07/2019, Mirror Symmetry and Cluster Algebras Workshop
- Bonn, 29/07-02/08/2019, Integrability, Geometry and Moduli
- MSRI Berkeley, 19-23/08/2019, Introductory Workshop (Holomorphic differentials in Mathematics and Physics)
- Pavia, 2-7/09/2019, XXI Congresso UMI
- Leeds, 9-11/09/2019, Curve counting theories and related algebraic structures